April 10, 2014

A Birthday and Star Wars Cupcakes


My little guy turned seven! He asked for Star Wars cupcakes. Storm Trooper marshmallow heads using food writer markers and light sabers made from pretzels and red and blue candy melts.

These are very doable for anyone but a little time consuming.

They started out very simple and elegant and I was very tempted to leave them as is. However, I knew if I went walking through the door of my sons classroom with pretty cupcakes he would not have been happy; in fact he may have been a tad embarrassed in front of his buddies.

The cupcake itself was made with dark cocoa powder and the frosting was a simple cream cheese frosting using only 3 cups of powdered sugar. I'm not one for an overly sweet piece of cake.


They passed the test. All the kids knew they were Star Wars cupcakes and gobbled them up. I thought I might get a few complaints because they were dark chocolate but that didn't happen.

Happy Birthday, Son!

1 comment:

  1. The cupcakes look great Jenny! Happy birthday to your boy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails