October 30, 2013

Front Porch Foliage

...before Jack Frost paid us a visit.

Vines, window boxes, potted plants all play a huge part in my spring, summer and early fall porch decorating. I snapped a few pics before it was to late.

The Moonflower is my favorite vine. It starts from one tiny seed in late spring and ends up being a magnificent, flowering wrap for my columns. They bloom at night and stay blooming until mid morning and their fragrance is soft and dreamy.

The blooms are always very large.

Another of my favorite is the sweet potato vine in this brilliant lime green. It adds so much character to my pots and window boxes along with the lovely, purple fountain grasses.

All of this foliage gives us a bit more privacy and adds a touch of cottage flair to a mostly cookie-cutter development.

I'll miss all of this greenery. The vines have died off due to the frost and my porch looks a tad spooky. Just in time for the trick-or-treaters!

Seeing this imagery inspires me to take out my gardening gloves each and every spring.

1 comment:

  1. I love it so much! I like when everything is in bloom around the house! Thank you for showing this beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails