December 21, 2012

My Christmas Porch-During The Day

Hello, hello.... I wanted to share these photo's before it's to late. I've been overwhelmingly busy as has everyone during this Christmas Season. I worked really hard on this years decor to change it up from last years. I even trimmed shrubs in my side yard and made the garland around the door. I really, really love the look of fresh garland.


Miniature runner sleigh that I've had for 10+ years, embellished with a cedar bough, pine cones and a grosgrain ribbon.


I used my spring/summer planters for painted branches and faux Christmas trees wrapped in grapvine. Then I hand cut the "Believe" sign from a sheet of cardboard and spray painted it metallic gold.


These branches were pulled out of the woods near our development and I spray painted them with a matte white. I like the matte because they end up looking a bit like birch branches and that reminds me of where I grew up. I miss seeing birch trees everywhere.

You can read about the porch pillows here and here and the wreaths here.



Window boxes filled with faux Christmas tree branches that I recycled from our very first fake tree. Remember the trees you had to assemble branch by branch? Once prelit 3 piece trees came out I couldn't bare assembling every year. I also added pine cones and eucalyptus sprigs.




Here's a closer look at the sign. Who knew a sheet of cardboard could look so good? For the cost of a can of spray paint, cardboard I had saved from an over sized package and a branch, I was able to add some interest to otherwise typical holiday decorating.


We also added the animated reindeer to our decor collection this year and updated the wreaths that hang in each window.


Decorating doesn't have to cost a lot of money. With a little creativity and some elbow grease you can create something that makes you smile. Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely!!! Merry Christmas. xo, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'd love to see it all lit up too!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails