December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

While I've got raspberry shortbread baking I thought I'd sit down and wish my readers a Merry Christmas from my family to yours. I pray this season is a blessing for you and that you are able to take a moment to enjoy your families and to reflect on the real reason we celebrate this time of year. Christ our King!


Short little story... a couple nights ago several families in our neighborhood got together and went caroling. One of the songs we sang was "Little Drummer Boy". While singing it I began to really focus on the words and started getting choked up and was fighting back tears.

Here was a child who had very little to give to the new born King but what he did have, his gift and his talent, he gave freely to the Lord. What have you been given in the way of gifts and talents that you can share and give to others to bless them?

I'll be challenging myself this coming year to focus on blessing my family and others with what I have been given. Will you join me?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I am a new fan to your blog and am so happy to be! I tried my hand at your yarn feathers. SUCH an amazing DIY!

    nauticalowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails