December 12, 2012

Hand Painted Reindeer Pillows

I am one to always make new, seasonal, pillow covers for the front porch but this is the first year I've made Christmas pillow covers.

Meet Dasher...

I'm changing the outdoor Christmas decor a bit this year and I thought Dasher and his pal Dancer would add a bit of whimsy to my little chartreuse green bistro set.

How I made them:
I measured my pillows to figure out how large my reindeer needed to be then drew the reindeer in Illustrator. I tile printed this, taped Dasher together cut him out and then traced the silhouette onto the canvas using a gold marker. The canvas is actually painters drop cloth that I had on hand. The paint is Folk Art Gold Metallic. (I used less than one of those little bottles for both reindeer. (Value))

Because they're for outdoor use I didn't add fabric medium to the paint. I have to say the drop cloth really took the paint beautifully with no bleeding or feathering whatsoever, and guess what? The paint still looks metallic. Yay! I thought about leaving them as is but then found a couple little holiday picks that I later stitched into place. Dasher & Dancer needed a little Christmas bling.

I hope to be sharing a few more Christmas projects so come back.

Sharing at TT&J's Weekend Wrap-up Party!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday - Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' We've also got an exciting giveaway going on now that includes a chance to win a BlendTec. Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AWESOME Jenn! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails