December 16, 2012

Gift Wrapped Pillows & Winter Wreath

These pillows were so easy and inexpensive to make and really make a cute addition to our Christmas porch. With an inexpensive painters drop cloth from my local home improvement store and some outdoor ribbon that I've had for 10+ years (I'm embarrassed to say) in my craft collection I was able to freshen up the rockers for the holidays.

What made these so easy is that I used the already sewed seams on the drop cloth for my envelope closure backs which saved some sewing time. If you read this blog at all you know I've got quite a collection of pillow covers that I've gone through on my front porch. I've even got a simple tutorial on how to make your own pillow covers.

This wreath is one of those $1.99 pine wreaths from my local craft store. I've had them for years and in the past they've been clad in plastic multi-colored ornaments. I wanted to change things up a bit this year and rather than buy new wreaths I bought one can of white spray paint for plastic and dusted 10 wreaths for $4 bucks and some change.

This provided impact for very little money. Now the wreaths really stand out on each of my windows and my black door. I also combined some burlap, some of the green velvet, outdoor ribbon I had in my stash and then added this bright chartreuse to the mix. I'm really happy with how they turned out and I'm especially happy with them being very budget friendly.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails