December 22, 2012

Cocoa Bar & Chalkboard Wall

I said I would never have a chalkboard wall because of chalk dust. Well, NEVER SAY NEVER, I have given in! I decided to throw caution to the wind. LOL Now I've got a "just have fun" wall. The kids draw on it with their chalk and then I wipe it off and draw a bit myself.

I've also been seeing Cocoa Bars all over blogland and this became the perfect spot for just that.

Filling mason jars of varying sizes with mint M&Ms, peppermints and marshmallows makes my kids eyes light up. I also used some scrapbook paper to cover the little Archer Farms cocoa canister.

I love Rudolph, although the kidlet's think he looks funny. I added some small trees to the scape by covering one foam cone in chunky red yarn, another foam cone in peppermint candies and the last cone with cedar boughs.

Here's a closeup of my sweet peppermint tree. I need some red hots to fill in the holes.

Last but not least I made a marshmallow wreath. I just cut a cardboard form the size that I wanted and proceeded to glue marshmallows all over it. Then I wrapped it in ribbon to keep everything tidy and added the little red berry garland to brighten things up. I can't think of a better wreath to adorn a cocoa bar than this.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cocoa bar! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

      Delete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails