August 27, 2012

Peach Butter

After our peach picking excursion there was a peach-blackberry cobbler, peach smoothies and peach butter. I had it on my to-do list to make before leaving for Michigan to visit family. However, my to-do list was way to long as always and I did not have time to make the peach butter myself. So the "handsome hubby" stepped in and made it instead.

Boy was I grateful!!! I didn't want the peaches to go to waste and these made wonderful family/hostess gifts.


I went shopping for the perfect fabric to cover the jars and came across this sweet, little, floral print. I had already purchased the ribbon at Marshalls a while back off of an end cap at the checkout. I'm a push-over for crafty accoutrements. I knew I would use it eventually.

The label originally began as a tag but I didn't like the end results. My oldest daughter was aiding me in assembly and had the idea to tuck it underneath the ribbon. Kudo's to her because it was the best solution and I love how the jar packaging turned out.

It took quite a lot of peaches to make this batch but it was so yummy! I found a recipe from Smitten Kitchen and was sold when I saw that she used less sugar than what is normally called for in fruit butters. I wanted to taste the fruit and not be overwhelmed by sugar and it was wonderful. I highly recommend this recipe if you venture out into peach butter making.

In honor of my husband's hard work I designed this graphic to put on a t-shirt. I laughed and laughed and laughed! Sometimes I'm the only one that laughs at me and my hubby finds that humorous.

He wore the shirt with pride! I have to also say that I have only made freezer jams etc... in the past because I've been scared to can, afraid I may ruin an entire batch of whatever it is I'm making.

He had no fear whatsoever and filled and sealed all these jars like a pro!!! I'm telling you he's my secret weapon and definitely deserves to be "Buttered Up" for his time intensive efforts. Making peach butter is not for wimps! I'm just sayin'!!!

Can't wait to can some more stuff. We will be apple picking this fall as well as visiting the pumpkin patches. We can never just go to one pumpkin patch. I love the hayrides and finding the perfect display pumpkins for the front porch. I might have to give pumpkin butter a try. I love anything pumpkin flavored.

I had lots and lots of summer project ideas that I was never able to get to due to just being plain busy and overwhelmed with kiddo's and work. I have already been making a mental list of fall projects I'd like to attempt. We'll see if I'm able to do so.

I'll be back to share the label graphics for peach butter and a few more fruit butters just in case you'd like to label your very own jars to give as gifts.

Thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. So impressed that Barak made the peach butter! Love the packaging and your cute t-shirt graphic. Inspiring stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! He did it for me because he knew I wouldn't have time before leaving on vacation. He loves me. :~)

      Delete
  2. Thanks you so much for sharing these! I'm making apple butter this weekend, and can't wait to use these adorable labels! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails