June 7, 2012

Handmade Baby Boy Gift

I'm back with another handmade baby gift. I made my friends little boy some of these personalized onesies but I also wanted to do a little more for Baby T. My girlfriend and neighbor had made a Rapunzel cake complete with a tower for my 3 yr olds birthday back in January. It was beautiful and took her a lot of time I'm sure. I usually make cupcakes so when she offered to make one of her beautiful cakes I graciously excepted.

They're moving to Colorado in a couple of weeks and I thought something cozy would be a nice addition to Little T's wardrobe. I customized a long sleeve 6-9 month onesie using flannel and double stick fusible web. I made sure to wash both the onesie and the fabric to ensure it doesn't get bunchy when it's washed. Then I machined top stitched as close to the edge of the letter as possible.

The hat is done in a double crochet with Wool-Ease Thick-N-Quick. This is my favorite yarn for hats. It's soft, comfy and warm. The ears I figured out on my own and I have to say they are so simple and maybe I'll post a sweet and simple tutorial in the fall when the temps go down.

I managed to fit all the onesies and these two items in a craft paper gift back. I embellished the bag with the same style "t" I used on the shirt using a heavy, blue, card stock.

I also made this little ensemble for another neighbors baby shower except with a different letter. Everyone's having boys!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea. I would love for you to post the hat pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails