May 8, 2012

Handmade Feather Hair Picks

Somebody pinch me! I can't believe that I'm guest blogging over at Infarrantly Creative! Beckie asked me to share a tutorial on how to make the handmade feathers I featured on my blog a couples weeks ago and I gladly and gratefully excepted! Thank you so much Beckie!

While putting the tutorial together for Beckie's Blog I made a few more feathers in addition to those used in the tutorial. These took longer to dry because they're made out of yarn but were ready this morning. I just finished photographing them outdoors and I tell you what natural light is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. It really makes all the difference no matter what kind of camera you use.

Without further ado here are a few more feathers...
These have become addicting to make and I've got so many more ideas swirling around in my head. Here's one of them... I made hair picks using bamboo skewers. I cut them down a bit in size used a gold leafing pen and painted them and then attached small handmade feathers with a bit of hot glue and some additional tangerine colored yarn. I also added a gold chevron pattern to two larger feathers with a gold leafing pen. I think they would make a beautiful necklace. What do you think?

The sky is the limit with these little pretties! I'd love to see what you create. Come back and share if you make some for yourself. Now what are you waiting for? Head over to Infarrantly Creative and see how easy it is to make your own.

Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. ever since i saw your wreath last week on 36th avenues features i have been so excited for your tutorial, they are amazing thankyou so much for sharing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee! So glad you like them!

      Delete
  2. I see you used embroidery thread on the tut..don't they look more realistic? love how the turned out...I still have to take a picture and send it to you...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did... They do look more realistic. Would love to see yours. I also think the bakers twine is the best of both. Little thinner than the yarn but substantial and can hold up nicely. I wish I had more colors on hand than I do in the bakers twine.

      Delete
  3. I was waiting for this tutorial :) thanx Jenny...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi jenn again..I've just shared your project under the name of Jenn's fabulous Handmade Feather Tutorial - Jenn'in muhteşem dekoratif tüy yapımı :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came from Infarrantly Creative - great tute, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't seem to find the tutorial on her blog, can I have direct link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariya, Here's the tutorial link. Thanks for stopping by.

      http://blueskyconfections.blogspot.com/2012/05/feather-making-tutorial.html

      Delete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails