April 24, 2012

Front Door Decor with Handmade Feathers

Today I'm sharing the second project made using the handmade feathers.

A wreath—but for the front door this time!

Sewing up a couple little birdies out of cream colored, linen and sea glass blue, wool felt was so easy using a wonderful, free pattern, from Spool Sewing that I came across on Pinterest. They add a really sweet touch to this wreath. Instead of hand sewing the birds up after stuffing them I stitched a tail feather-like pattern using my Singer and then with pinking shears tidied up the ends.


Then I added the "salutations" banner that is held in place by stitching the gray yarn threw the birdies beaks and then tied off. When I hear the word "salutations" I always think of the book, "Charlotte's Web". It is definitely one of my all time favorite childhood reads without a doubt.


Thanks for visiting!!! I'll be sharing some additional feather projects so come back.

Linking up at The 36th Avenue & Tatertots & Jello.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...this is beautiful!! Love! :)

    Bonnie @ uncommon
    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could pay you to money to decorate my porch. Your creations are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails