March 9, 2012

Bright, Colorful, Crocheted Afghan

I finally completed this for my wee one's bedroom. I've shared this afghan in progress a couple times on my blog so you can imagine my elation to finally be sharing the finished product! I added a picot border all the way around and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out.

The border reminds me of little bobbles or pom poms. Such a fun, cheerful little addition to a little girls bedroom. Don't you think?

I'm sharing this from multiple angles and folded differently.

I've already started an afghan for my son upon finishing this one. He's been asking for one for a LONG time! I'm using a chunky yarn and a wave pattern for his. Hopefully it will move along a little quicker.

I just love being able to add personal, handmade touches, to each of my kids rooms. My hope is that my kidlets will cherish these afghans "Made by Mom" and want to take them to college with them, and into their first homes, and pass them on to their children, (my grandchildren) and let them know that their momma made these afghans for them because I loved them so very much! Okay, so maybe I'm getting carried away or maybe I'm not. You just might understand and have similar thoughts and feelings.

Here's where it rests. On the back of a rocker in her room. This room needs draperies or a bright, colorful awning and a big girl bed and more but the afghan is done! Check!

Linking up to TT&J, Freckled Laundry, Brassy Apple, Craft O Maniac, & I Should Be Mopping The Floors.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE the blue, red + green color combination! Your artwork and hat afghan are gorgeous! I can't wait to see what the one you make for your son looks like! Have a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great and I am certain your children will cherish the special touches from their mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I think they will at least I hope they will.

      Delete
  3. It turned out beautifully Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! What brand of yarn did you use for it? I'm looking for some similar colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used Stitch Nation. I purchased it at JoAnn's but noticed they do not sell it anymore. Maybe you can find it online.

      Delete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails