February 23, 2012

Feather Doodles

I've been in love with calligraphy for a while now. I love seeing invitations addressed using the art of calligraphy. I love browsing artists blogs that use calligraphy. I love pinning calligraphy on Pinterest. It's something I would love to master and I've recently started playing with a couple of calligraphy pens with different size nibs. There are a few things I'd like to hand write for my kids bedrooms but trying to get it to flow and finding my style has been a struggle. In this digital day and age that we live in I think it's important to document our handwriting in little ways and in big ways. You should give it a try.

What I'm learning is that I must loosen up. When I'm not so stiff, and I write with more fluidity, the letters turn out much prettier. When I get something that I like and that I believe is suitable for hanging on a wall and/or framing I'll share it here on Blue Sky Confections. Until then here are a few feathers that I scanned from a recent ink to paper trial.

The word "feathers" is a font that I used and was not handwritten.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

4 comments:

  1. Happy to be your newest Linky Follower! Stopping by from Create With Joy. The title of your blog today made me giggle...just fun to say outloud. Looking forward to returning and being inspired again soon! We think you'd enjoy See Beautiful too!

    Happy seeing beautiful!
    http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean! When I said it out loud it made me laugh as well. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog hop because it led me to your lovely blog! You are so talented and inspiring! thank you so very much and I am now following you on LF, FB sent request on twitter and on Pinterest. Have a great weekend. http://fireplacedecorating.blogspot.com/p/my-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the Linky Party Hop!! I hope you’ll visit – www.LaughterandGrace.com – and follow me.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails