February 8, 2012

Baked Goods Instagram Style

I recently added Instagram to my iPad and it seems what I photograph most are baked goods. So I thought I'd share them with you with links to recipes or products.


No 1
The dessert tray we brought to our friends house this weekend for the Super Bowl. I made White Chocolate Cake S'mores Gooey Cake Bars which I spotted on Pinterest. They originated at Picky Palate. These are good but let me warn you they are very, very sweet. So sweet one or two bites will be sufficient. I also dipped some strawberries in Ghirardelli chocolate.

No 2
An Angel Food cake I made for the last Green Bay Packer game of the season. They should have gone to the Super Bowl but had such a bad game that night. Martha Stewart has a wonderful video tutorial on her blog with step by step instructions. The recipe is called Cloud Cake and would be if you make the frosting and everything else but if you make the basic cake you'll have a wonderful Angel Food cake. You can't mess it up and it's one of my favorite cakes. I love the fact that it has very little sugar and flour.

No 3
I think is a new favorite of mine and will become a go-to in my recipe files. Again another Pinterest find and it's called Apple & Cream Cheese dessert. I used granny smith apples that I sauteed in some sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter. I only mixed a 1/4 cup of sugar into the cream cheese. I also baked it at 375° instead of 350°. This dessert is so yummy and also very easy to make. My four year old son was thrilled to be able to stir the cream cheese and sugar mixture and spread the crescent dough in the baking dish.

No 4
This was going to be Chewy Sea Salted Caramel Candies but my new candy thermometer was not rising past 220° and the caramel needed to reach 240° so I guessed by judging the bubbling of the mixture and I guessed wrong. The caramel tastes great but not hardened enough for chewy candies.

No 5
Ghirardelli Chocolate melting in a double boiler. It's the only thing I use for dipping strawberries.  I buy it at Sam's Club when it's available.

No 6
Homemade light wheat bread. I've been making my own bread on a weekly basis for several years now and recently tried this recipe. I like to incorporate 1 Tbls of unsalted melted butter. This recipe came from a blog I like to read because of the beautiful, light and airy photography and vintage French finds.

I'm also making my bread by hand until my Kitchen Aid Mixer is repaired. The gears are stripped and cracked after 6 yrs. of use. I discovered I like making bread by hand because it's easier to tell when the dough is a perfect consistency.

I hope you find a few things from my Instagram list that will make your mouth water.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. Testing this new comment feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited that I can now reply to my readers!

      Delete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails