January 24, 2012

Posh & Colorful

...handmade pillowcases and afghan for my wee one who just so happened to turn THREE yesterday!

I made these lovely pillowcases using a designer cotton fabric. If you remember and have been following me you know I used this fabric to create some bike basket liners for a couple of my Etsy Shop customers. I absolutely love the colors and the floral pattern. It lent itself perfectly to this scalloped, crocheted edging in bright pink. This combines two things I enjoy, sewing and crocheting. If time serves me well in the coming weeks and I have small windows of creative time you will definitely be seeing more of this from me.


Over the coming months I will be decorating bedrooms piece by piece. They are sorely lacking in style right now and the pillowcases are a start for one of the 4 rooms. My sons room has been repainted and it's a perfectly blank canvas. I think I'm going to go nautical for him.

I'm also working on an afghan for my wee three year old. It started out as a baby afghan but because I did not finish it in time I'm having to enlarge it for a twin bed. I work on this a row or two at a time and the colors just so happen to pair wonderfully with the pillowcases. I'll be adding the same scalloped edging to the afghan that's on the pillowcases. Crossing my fingers that this is done sooner than later. I don't want it to turn into a wedding gift.


I was just watching Martha this morning and she had some style experts on saying that this year is a year of color. Lots and lots of bright colors and color blocking so my wee one will be on trend this year at least.

So these are a couple of gifts for my strong willed, independent baby girl. I also have one more in mind that I did not get to due to a lack of time. Now of course she's to young to get excited about this kind of stuff so she also got a new storybook, "Heaven is for Real".


Here she stands with her shirtless brother and her new book. For whatever reason he will not keep his shirts on while he's at home. I don't know why. It's frustrating! Anyways, they love when they're daddy reads to them each night so this book is a welcomed addition to their library.


Of course there had to be a new baby doll. That's all she ever asks for. She's got quite the collection and loves each one of them.

I hope to be sharing some more handmade love tomorrow.


Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors and the crochet trim as well as the blanket!! Happy Birthday to your little girl too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love it! That fabric is just gorgeous and the trim...well, it's the PERFECT finishing touch! LOVE!

    PS: My nearly two-year old daughter would rather run around naked most days, so I can relate to the frustration of keeping kids clothed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed by your bedding, I wish I could crochet!

    I hope you will come and join in my Giveaway!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at crochet trim. Seriously, I want that pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I am inspired that you're redoing the bedrooms piece by piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty ~ came here via Karena. My Grandmother Bessie use to crochet all the edges of her pillowcases like that. Thanks for making me remember and smile...
    ~Chris Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. such beautiful colors! oh how i wish i could sew/crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are BEAUTIFUL! I make pillowcases and pillowcase dresses for charity (you can read about it on my blog), and this would make an especially wonderful touch - thanks so much for sharing this!
    Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails