January 1, 2012

It's 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR
From our family to yours!

Photo's taken by my friend, Stephanie McFarland.
Do you have any 2012 resolutions? A word that will be your personal mantra? Any great places you plan on visiting?

2012 came so fast I'm still thinking on it all.

I know I want to be more aware of what really matters. I want substance in my life not just fluff. Don't get me wrong frills and fluff are really nice but at the end of the day I want to be able to say that I made a difference. A difference in my children's lives, a difference in my husbands life, my parents, siblings and extended family.

I would like to be better at documenting lives milestones whether it be with a camera or a journal. I would like to hand write letters and notes to loved ones so they know I'm thinking of them and that they matter. I would like to speak more kindness into peoples lives to build them up and to see their strengths, talents and dreams manifest.

Have you ever noticed that when you begin to build someone up with words letting them know that you recognize their God given strengths, gifts and talents that it helps propel them into their destiny? It really does.

I'd like to spend a bit of time taking care of myself in 2012. Making exercise and healthy eating part of that plan. I'm usually the last one on my list and sometimes I don't even make the list.

I'd like to grow this blog into something really amazing and meet some of my fellow bloggers in person. I'd like to learn some new skill sets in photography, fiber art & sewing. I'd like to pick up calligraphy because it's absolutely beautiful. I'd like to learn some new software, mainly online magazine software and maybe even app creation.

I'd like to do some horseback riding and if I allow myself to dream really, really big I'd like to add a horse to our family in 2012. A larger family vehicle will trump a horse but I did say, "if I allow myself to dream REALLY BIG".

Oh... and I'd like some adventure in my life this year. I don't know what that entails yet but it needs to be something that makes my heart leap.

Well now that I took some time to sit down and type it out it seems I have a pretty good idea of what I want 2012 to look like.

May all your plans and dreams come to fruition and I hope and pray mine do too!

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

5 comments:

  1. I've included many of the same resolutions on my list as well. Wishing you a bright year ahead filled with all you are striving for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great goals for the new year! I loved the way you spoke of building others up! I know personally, when someone recognized a gift that I have it really does just make me feel so good. You have inspired me to make this one of my goals as well. Thank you. :)s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great goals for the new year! I share some of those as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your resolutions....many to be sure. I have enjoyed your blog and the pictures are beautiful of your lovely family.

    Favs are the owls and darn the cake floating in my dreams. haha

    Thanks for the reminder to build people up. I'm trying to be more mindful of my words and to do just that.

    Happy New Year.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I too plan on starting some of your goals too. Exercise and eating more healthy is top on my list. Take care!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails