January 25, 2012

5 for 5 Handmade Gift Challenge


"I'll make five handmade gifts for the first five to comment on this post if you in turn re-post this in your status and make five handmade gifts for the first five to comment on your status. You have all year to complete these."

You can take this challenge in 2012. Go ahead and post it as your Facebook status. I bet you'll get several takers right away. The stipulation was it had to be handmade and it had to be done before the turn of the year. I didn't meet that deadline. I finished up in the first few weeks of 2012 but I kept my word.

So here's my handmade 5 for 5 lineup.

I saw this idea on the Martha Stewart show. An Etsy Shop owner had been invited on the show and gave a tutorial on how to make your own. Well I fell in love and knew I had to recreate this for my sister-in-law, Melissa. Doesn't she look adorable. Only a few more weeks to go! The Etsy Shop is called Culpeper General. If you don't have the tools or the time to create your own you can order one of these fabulous shirts directly from Shannon. She's got lots and lots of wonderful gifts for expectant moms and babies.

I gifted my friend Cindy with a cozy, flannel, infinity scarf. I also made a little flower pin with a fabric covered button. She can embellish her scarf or her handbag with it. These are really simple to make. Maybe I'll put together a tutorial in the future and post it here on my blog.

Okay, let me just say Facebook is amazing. I've been able to reconnect with so many people that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to keep up with. This crocheted hat went to a neighbor friend of mine, Jessi. She lived just up the road a field or two. Oh how I miss that country road.

This hat went to a college friend of mine, Holli. She was in the same visual communication program with me. She's a graphic designer as well. She told me she likes greys, blacks, olive green and chartreuse. I hope she likes the hat.


Last but not least, Lisa received this neutral, chunky hat. At least I hope she did. I haven't heard from her as of yet. Lisa was a childhood friend and part of my graduating class. This yarn is a wool blend and very warm. She resides in my hometown and lets just say the weather is much colder there than where I currently live.

I hope all 5 ladies were able to complete their challenge.

Are you willing to take the handmade challenge in 2012?

Linking up to Tatertots & Jello and The 36th Avenue.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome challenge. Maybe I will take it in 2012. Maybe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea! You also have a lovely blog I will look forward to following now!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails