December 30, 2011

A Few Highlights from Christmas 2011

Hello, hello.... I've missed everyone. I hope you've missed me too!

B-U-S-Y would be the understatement of the year but who isn't busy during the holidays? The first thing to get cut from my list of to-do's happens to be this blog. I hope to be a better blogger in 2012. That can be one of my resolutions. I thought I'd share a few highlights from this past month.

We lit up our house for the annual community decorating contest.
We took home the grand prize last year but there was some stiff competition this go round. Sigh...... maybe next year. We still enjoyed all the twinkle brights!

 The dining room was adorned with a few flourishes.


My favorite addition this year is the chalkboard. That says it all!

This room was filled with girls & my son for our annual mother-daughter Christmas cookie decorating party. I made dozens and dozens of sugar cookies and bottles and bottles of frosting and then set everything up for my oldest daughter and her friends to decorate to their hearts content. While they're busy, we moms chit-chat and eat.


Here are a couple photo's of some Christmas decor in my office.


I love this tree. This year I made linen stars top-stitched with gold metallic thread and then attached a gold ribbon to each one for hanging. You can see a couple of them in this photo.


I also added a few gold glittered twigs to the vase of dried hydrangeas.

On to neighborhood gifts.... I made an assortment of pretty little treats and boxed them up to give to neighbors and friends. If our neighbors didn't receive this box of goodies...

... they were given homemade, light wheat, french bread with a jar of strawberry freezer jam or a loaf of brown sugar, cinnamon, raisin swirl bread. I sure hope everyone enjoyed. I won't be baking in mass for a while now.

My good friend and photographer, Stephanie McFarland, hosted a Santa party at her house and took pictures of each of the children with this jolly, old soul. My son was the only one that would participate. He asked for a sword and shield and by golly he got a sword and shield on Christmas morning.


My little guy also lost his first tooth in the midst of all this holiday merriment. He popped it under his pillow that night and was awarded monetarily when he awoke from his slumber. Milestones!


Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all of you!!!

I hope to be back very soon to share some of the gifts that I made in the past month.

Thank you so much for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!!!

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing your lovely decorations and the photos of the kids having a good time decorating the cookies. When my kids were young they loved doing this. Wishing you a happy and creative new year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails