November 6, 2011

Easily Distracted

Today I should be working on slipcovers for my sofa and loveseat. Why? They look like they've been attacked by a rabid dog and no dog was involved it was my kids.

I've got the cording cut and I've even gotten some of it sewn up with the contrasting fabric. Ahhh... yes! I said contrasting fabric. I'm working on my first ever attempt at slipcovers and I chose to do a contrasting cording. I've got a picture in my head of what these slipcovers are supposed to look like. That's how it all starts with me. An image in my mind and then I must deliver. Let's hope I can pull it off. Is this wishful thinking or attainable glory?

But I am easily distracted when facing a daunting task.

This is what has distracted me:

Photoshop Actions—to be more descript The Pioneer Woman's Free Photoshop Actions. Oh... and some Lens Flare that I added on my own to get rid of the playground equipment in the background. I love the way her hair is flowing.

...and this version:


This is the before shot:
My beautiful baby girl on a swing. I've got a few more photo's I want to work with just to see what I come up with but I thought this was fun and all with a point-and-shoot camera. Some day I'll get a big girl camera but for now my little point and shoot is capturing our lives one click at a time.

Rest assured when these slipcovers are complete they will be front and center on this blog and it should be before Thanksgiving sometime. We've got company coming.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. Actions are fun, and addicting. :) Looks like you're having fun with them! Sweet photo of your cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails