October 2, 2011

Burlap & Polka Dots

Seasonal outdoor pillow covers for our front porch.

Burlap can be so versatile and it definitely makes the perfect outdoor pillow cover for this time of year. I purchased a couple bottles of craft paint and some round, foam stencil brushes to make polka-dots.

First I cut all my burlap to size and then I set up a little assembly line in my basement to stamp the dots. Each time one was completed I pinned it to a clothesline in my basement that the handsome hubby installed the last time our dryer quit on us. (Sigh..... our basement is unfinished and I would love for it to be a more useful, useable space but that won't happen for a while. For now it's storage and laundry.) The paint was dry by morning and I was able to start the sewing. Don't you just love the orange, ball fringe and the polka dot grosgrain ribbon? I do!

Here is the second set with a ruffle. I love envelope style pillows. They are so simple to make without having to install zippers, snaps or buttons and I take advantage of the envelope by embellishing it rather than hiding it in the back.

I always sew in ribbon ties at the tops of the pillows. That way the wind can't blow them around the neighborhood and it's cute! I've got a couple more burlap projects on deck. I can't promise they'll be done quickly. It will all depend on my workload this week but the ideas reside in my mind.

Linking up at Freckled Laundry, Beneath My Heart, Sugar & Dots, Centsational Girl, Thrifty Decor Chick & Tatertots & Jello.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

11 comments:

  1. LOVE these. Wish you were my neighbor and could teach me to be crafty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How completely adorable! a sweet way to add some fall to your outdoors, but would work equally well inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just so darn cute...might have to make some for myself.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK...this is a great idea! I have a bistro table and my pillows will never "stay in place." Love the ties, the polka dots, the ruffles! Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are darn pretty! I love your little details with ribbon and the ruffle. You could sell them on Etsy.com.

    I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be featuring you tomorrow Tuesday during STICKER time... Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the these!!! Polka Dots are my favorite add in burlap and all the fall stuff and it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I featured your beautiful pillows on my blog today! Thanks for linking up!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great porch pillows! Would love to feature them in our latest eBook! Please let Mary and I know if you would be interested in being featured.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! how cute are those pillows!! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails