October 6, 2011

Burlap & Polka Dots Round 2

Front Porch Layering

I'm another step closer to my porch being finished for this autumn season. When decorating it's all about layering and I'm no expert but I've figured this much out.


Burlap is inexpensive and versatile. I measured the pots and cut burlap squares so they would cover the entire pot. I painted polka-dots on and wrapped the base of each mum. I secured them with adhesive dots and added ribbon to most of them but they actually look cute without ribbon. I wrap my mums in burlap every year but this is my first time painting the burlap. This is much easier than re-potting each flower and by far—less expensive.

Here's the other side of the porch. I really love the color mums provide in the fall.




Cute and so simple.

 

I added some polka-dot ribbon to a couple pots.

Mixing the mums with existing potted plants, an old watering can and small lanterns.


Welcome to our home!

Stayed tuned for a couple more "layers" to our front porch.

Linked up to The 36th Avenue Sticker Party & Thrifty Decor Chick.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

5 comments:

  1. Looks so lovely Jenny! Love that wreath too. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...My favorite outdoor decor of this season. STICKER FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this idea! Fresh and new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really beautiful.:-) Stina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so nice...! But I am wondering if the burlap resists the rainy weather her in the netherlands?!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails