September 7, 2011

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

How Do You Say "Thank You"?

This past week has been incredibly hectic for our family. Over the weekend our main family vehicle got a pretty bad flat on our way home from doing a little shopping. It was dark and the tire lost all the air in a very short amount of time. So we found ourselves sitting on the side of the road in the dark at the end of someone's driveway. There were a lot of people coming and going from this place of residence but not one offered to lend a hand. My husband called AAA and while he was on hold with them and the kids were jumping all over the car like rabid monkeys I decided to give one of my neighbor friends a call. No answer. Then I called some family friends that lived about 8 miles from where we were stuck and asked if they could help Barak get the spare loose. It was dark and he couldn't figure out how to loosen the thing. No flashlight, no additional tools and totally unprepared for any kind of emergency. That's how we roll. Hopefully that will change after this incident. I then asked my husband to try our neighbor friends once more at another number and he got through. Our request was, "if possible could you please come and pick myself and the kids up"? We had no idea how long it would take to change the tire and to be stuck on the side of the road, in the dark, with over-excited children would not be good.

Both friends left the comfort of their homes immediately and came to our aid. I can't say thank you enough!!! So because one of these families lives right across the street from us I whipped up some pumpkin cream cheese muffins using this recipe, boxed them and had my handsome hubby walk them over. He's home today to help watch the kids so I could go to the Dr. and get x-rays. Turns out I broke my foot yesterday but that's another story entirely. I told you our week has been hectic.

So to take my mind off of myself and my circumstances I thought I'd bake. These muffins are delicious and so worth your time! Plus, aren't you ready for fall weather? With fall comes apple harvest festivals, pumpkin patches, crunchy leaves, pies, breads, and stews.

I can't wait. I'm looking forward to everything this season has to offer. I've just got to figure out how to do it all with a foot that won't cooperate.

Back to saying thank you. I never want to come across as unthankful to someone who took time from their busy schedule to lend a hand. As for our other friends. Your thank you is on it's way soon. I'm still thinking about that one. Your kindness has not gone unnoticed!

Has someone done something for you or your family without expecting anything in return? How did you say thank you?

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe what a week you have had. Hoping this means that only wonderful things are headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Poor you! I am just recovering from an Achilles tendon rupture I had this summer, so I feel for ya with the uncooperative foot while trying to do everything you normally do! But lucky neighbors getting those muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy week! Thank goodness for some people's kindness.
    P.S. Pumpkin cream cheese are totally my favorite - and those look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails