September 1, 2011

Interval Training...

sounds so much better than "Couch to 5k". Doesn't it?

When I say couch I may as well be saying "lazy & fat" to 5k. I don't want to hear that I'm lazy and fat even though that's what I may be thinking. I never sit on the couch. Well at least during the day. At night I like to catch a program or two on the teli. Picker Sisters is one of my new favorites. Have you seen it? Tuesday nights at 10 PM EST. That's neither here nor there so back to the running thing. Interval training sounds like I'm truly serious and know what I'm doing. Shhh... I don't. However, I do like to relive my glory days. My "thin" glory days. I ran cross country in high school. I was never one of the top runners but I finished the race every time and I had so much fun doing it!!!

So I started this "Couch to 5k" program once again with a couple neighborhood girlfriends in an attempt to get healthy, maybe lose a few pounds and prepare for an upcoming 5k in my area. I tried this last fall and didn't run the race because I had only gotten to the 2 mile mark. I'm an all or nothing girl. Either I'm going to run the entire thing or not do it at all. Anybody else like that?

I did the graphics for last years race and then revised them for this years race. The 5k got the feature, front page article in a local community newsletter that I also designed. I've got an invested interest in this race.

Will I run it this year? I'm working on it. My body is sore and tonight will be the third night I'm out doing my interval training. (sounds better doesn't it?) Will I lose some weight? That would be a bonus. Will I feel stronger if I accomplish this goal? Most likely! Will my brain release valuable serotonin and make me a happier person? That's what I hear. This should be a win, win situation!

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! yes! YES! to all of that!! Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails