September 29, 2011

Fruits of The Spirit

Love, Joy, Peace, Self Control, Patience, Goodness, Faithfulness, Kindness, Gentleness & A Partridge in a Pear Tree!

How did the partridge ever get in the pear tree? I know the song but what's the story behind the song?
I recently repinned a rendering on pinterest that featured the "fruits of the spirit" and I was inspired to create my very own. I've read this particular scripture plenty of times but for whatever reason it really spoke to me through a sketch. I knew that I needed to work on myself in these areas. Sometimes I allow the ones closest to me see the most unrefined places in my heart. Seeing Galations 5:22-23 (Amplified Bible) —brought to life—in a rendering made me realize how weak I really am in the area of patience and self-control. I'm still a work-in-progress but now I'm quickly reminded when I lose my patience or self-control that I'm not pleasing my Heavenly Father and I'm sure not giving my family the very best.

I guess it's because I took the time to sit down and draw this out for myself. It's like memorization. Maybe even like this scripture: Habakkuk 2:2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. Why do you think God had them write out the vision? I bet it was so it would be engrained in their hearts. It made it clear, concise and others could easily follow. Do you ever draw or write things out to help you memorize them? Me striving for patience might not be THE vision for my life but it certainly plays a part.

This graphic is the property of Jenn K. & my blog, Blue Sky Confections.

PLEASE DO NOT reproduce, distribute or manipulate copyrighted digital rendering products in any way. This includes any re-sale items on e-Bay, Etsy, blog, your own site/store. Any business use is strictly prohibited.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!
    You are so talented. Love your thoughts {and reflected talent!} on this verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous artwork Jenny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this! Thank you for making it available!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 07, 2012

    I am getting this tattoed on my arm.. love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails