August 13, 2011

Testing The Waters

So I did it! My very first market and I sold everything except a handful of sugar cookies. I've made some mental notes for next months market and I think I've decided I will do it up bigger & better. Did I make money? No. I may have broken even. However, I've learned what sells the fastest and I also don't have to purchase table covers, banners and business cards the next go around.


The "Freshly Baked" banner is something anyone can do on their own using a home computer and printer. I chose twine to string it up with and I also used twine to tie the cookie bags. It's quite versatile.


I sold flower and beach ball sugar cookies on a stick and not on a stick. I chose to display them in little tin buckets and also hanging from my cookie tree. Who wouldn't want a cookie tree in their backyard? However, this tree was very sensitive to the wind and had to be held in place most of the time.

 

Brightly decorated sugar cookies.


I made a half dozen pans of cinnamon buns and every one of them sold.


The french baguettes and light wheat french loaves all sold.


... and I handed out a few calling cards promoting my Etsy Shop & blog.
 

So while I didn't make buckets of money, after expenses, this first go 'round. I met some really great people and had a lot of fun conversing with the market goers.

Thank you to all the shoppers that purchased my treats! I hope to see you in September.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Yummy food and gorgeous display!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails