August 26, 2011

The Storm Before The Storm

Last night and shortly before hurricane Irene reaches us and right after our region was shaken by a 5.8 earthquake this storm front moved through. I captured this turbulent sky with my point and shoot from the front porch.

This is what I saw out my back window at the exact same time. A rainbow - a reminder of God's promise to never allow the entire earth to flood again.

Isn't that amazing?

From the Amplified Bible:
Genesis 9:13 I set My bow [rainbow] in the cloud, and it shall be a token or sign of a covenant or solemn pledge between Me and the earth. 

Genesis 9:14 And it shall be that when I bring clouds over the earth and the bow [rainbow] is seen in the clouds,

Genesis 9:16 When the bow [rainbow] is in the clouds and I look upon it, I will [earnestly] remember the everlasting covenant or pledge between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. 

Genesis 9:17 And God said to Noah, This [rainbow] is the token or sign of the covenant or solemn pledge which I have established between Me and all flesh upon the earth.   

I wonder what Irene will look like.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails