July 14, 2011

Family Road Trip 2011

Part 1
The Great Lakes are such a treasure and the Mackinac Bridge is an amazing architectural fete. A must see if you get the chance to travel to this part of the country. The summer weather is perfect and the natural resources are abundant. We made sure to stop at the lookout on the Upper Peninsula side of the bridge after crossing. The kids had a great time playing in the cold, cold water. They got soaked and we had to do a clothing change before hitting the road on our way to Grandpa and Grandma's house.

Don't ya just love a Small Town USA 4th of July Parade?!? I do! My camera battery went dead half way through so I missed a lot of good stuff. Our oldest daughter was with my brother and his family but our two youngest stocked up on their candy supply. We must have been standing in the perfect spot because sissy didn't get any candy.


After the parade and before our cookout and fireworks the kids had fun with a frog they found in Grandma's garden. They had a blast on the slip-n-slide set up on the backyard hillside and my son got a ride on Grandpa's six wheeler. Definitely can't have one of those where we live right now.

I grew up in a kids paradise and I'm glad my children got to experience a little bit of the country life.
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for being so hospitable.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!!!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are so great! I bet you were sad to return but glad to share it all with the kids.

    By the way- that bridge gives me chils just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails