July 26, 2011

Back To My Regularly Scheduled Lineup

Family Roadtrip 2011 Campfire, Fireworks & Boating

My son could not wait for this very occasion. A campfire that Grandpa built. We told him that we would roast marshmallows around a campfire. We did... but on a different night. On the 4th of July we had a campfire without smores. We had ice cream bars that my sister & brother-in-law purchased as a sweet treat for the kids. However, the adults enjoyed them just as much, maybe even more.

Then there were the fireworks that Grandma bought and Grandpa set off. Can you see my dad and brother-in-law walking briskly away from the sparks? I would have been running. What am I talking about? I'd never light those things.

Boating the Chain of Lakes in Eagle River, Wisconsin was a lot of fun despite the fact that our pontoon boat rental kept dieing out. (we ended up getting it for free because of all the headache) We watched my sister and her husband buzz circles around us in the speed boat. The older kids got to go tubing while the little ones hung out on the pontoon snacking away. I did manage to get a great photo of my parents in the captain's seat. Great looking couple, don't ya' think? My mom bought herself and my sister and I hats for this very occasion. Mine is a salmon pink. Sorry no photo's. I'm always the one behind the camera. Doesn't my sister look adorable in her little hat with her nautical striped shirt?

The handsome hubby looks happy chilling on the boat deck and the little ones are really enjoying the sights. My son got in the water for a split second then decided that the lake was much to cold. He then had his cousins & sister hand him clams that they were grabbing from the bottom of the lake with their toes.

We stopped the boat in a shallow area and everyone that wanted to swim could. My wee one fell asleep so she didn't get a chance. The little girls sure liked the hats Grandma bought.

If you happen to visit Northern Wisconsin, a day on the Chain of Lakes is well worth your time.

Still more vacation photo's to come.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures!Olivia is so beautiful, like her momma!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails