June 3, 2011

Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Ground Cherries & More

Here's a quick little garden update before I head out the door to register my son for preschool in the fall, pick up my daughter's glasses, exchange some flowers that died on me, buy some finishing wax, purchase some pinking shears and a 10" tube pan, pick up a prescription and go to a doctor appointment. (there's probably more that I'm forgetting) What does your Friday look like?

So this is what a ground cherry looks like -  a little paper lantern. Isn't it adorable? I guess you know they're ready to pick when the husk turns brown and papery. Can't wait!

Even though my eggplant is being chewed alive by bugs it's still beginning to flower. Yummy. I wonder if those little black spikes on the stock around the blossom protect the fruit? - or at the very least send out a warning notice.

Yellow Goldbar Squash soon to be harvested.

Zucchini soon to be harvested. I think we're going to have squash and zucchini coming out of our ears.

The tomatoes are flowering but no fruit yet. They are heirlooms and they typically take longer.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! Boy, sounds like your Friday was chock full of errands! Hope you got everything done on your list. I typically forget the list! LOL

    Your plants look like they're doing fantastic! I grew paper lanterns one year. I had no idea they were called Ground Cherries. Always learnin' something, right?!

    I'm starting to get some buds and even a few little teeny tiny tomatoes on my plants. Can't wait for fresh, warm tomatoes from the garden.

    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Carla :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're garden is so pretty!! I just love it! My garden isn't producing yet, but it had to take a few weeks and recuperate from a hail storm. I expect yummy goodness soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails