June 1, 2011

Summer Is Here

...and it has me dreaming of a slower pace. I'm missing my family, my roots, my heritage. Summer has me longing for days by the lake and nights by a campfire listening to the wolves howl in the distance.  Not many people would put wolves and dreaming of summer in the same sentence but I grew up in the U.P. of Michigan and wolves howling in the back field, not far from the campfire is a reality. With summers arrival I'm also dreaming of my childhood and riding horses through acres and acres of woods with no one in sight for miles. What memories does summer evoke for you?

I won't tell you how old I am. A lady never tells her age. Right? Right! You'd think that by my age I would have "My Style" nailed down. Having this blog is really showing me who I am through patterns in my photography and writing. Looking at my posts, the things I enjoy, the things I do well and the women I'm connecting with. Now there's this thing called Pinterest and it is helping me tweak it all. It's fabulous! It's an invite only site. I sent all 5 of my invites out to creative friends of mine. I sure hope they take advantage.

There are so many gorgeous, inspirational ideas and my mind is in a state of overload. Just look at this gorgeous way to display sweet treats for a celebration.
Now I just need to acquire an antique truck. Well, I can at least add it to my Pinterest account.
Photo via Pinterest but originally a Heather Bullard image.

How about this ethereal, arbor entryway to get you into the swing of summer entertaining.
Photo via Pinterest 

Okay so once you've set the mood what will you serve? I'll tell you what you can serve it in, mason jars. Check out these ideas.

Cake Jars photo and the how-to found here.

Look at this great idea for sipping lemonade.



or a simple, yet beautiful way to display your summer cuttings. I adore the limes in the bottom of the jars.

I've got my own "Summer Project" that I'll be sharing with all of you very soon. It's complete I just need to take some photo's so stay tuned.

I hope you enjoy all of these Pinterest finds as much as I have.
Happy Summer to you!!!

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!
Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I host a blog hop and I'd LOVE if you came over and shared a recipe! Here's the link :) http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/search/label/Savory%20Sunday

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails