June 8, 2011

The Luck of The Irish

I'm sharing a logo design that I just finished up for a good friend of mine. She's Irish in case you hadn't guessed. Stephanie is superbly funny and dazzling in every way. Making jokes about her Irish heritage and a good bottle of wine all the time. A fantastic photographer with an amazing eye, she will make you and your family feel comfortable and at ease. Those of you with rambunctious children know how important it is to have a photographer with great patience and so does Stephanie. She's got five children of her own and knows how to capture the moment.

In the beginning I asked my photographer friend to send me a couple logo's that she was particularly fond of for any reason at all. She sent things that definitely had a feminine edge to them and they were also robin egg blue and chocolate brown.

When I sat down to create I was thinking about chocolate, so I ate some. Then the kids saw me eating the chocolate and they ate some. It was good and creamy, enough said.

Back to the subject at hand - the logo - and the things that set Stephanie apart. There's a lot, but the one that resonated with me was her Irish heritage, and her witty humor. That thought led to the "Luck 'o The Irish" saying, which then led me to think about items that are deemed lucky. The lightbulb went on - the four leaf clover and if rendered just right could appear as the aperture in the lens of a camera. Hence the four leaf clover/aperture icon. Green would have been much to expected and I don't think she's particularly fond of the shade. The font choice is fanciful and friendly just like her. Check out Stephanie McFarland Photography and set up a session. You will not be disappointed. Then treat yourself to some chocolate. My guess is you'll want some now. Then bring Stephanie some chocolate the day of your photo session. She's going to want some too.

I had a lot of fun working on this logo and she was so appreciative of my efforts. Next up, I will be designing her business card.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. Now I am looking all around for some chocolate :)

    I LOVE the logo, it so very me, and think you are just so fabulouly crafty and talented. Is there anything that you are not good at?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails