May 13, 2011

Strawberry Fields

and Freezer Jam...
and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, and Strawberry Upside Down Cake, and Strawberry Shortcake Cookies and Sliced Strawberries over Warm Fudge Brownies and Strawberry Salad... should I continue? I think you get the picture.

I used the recipe from the Fruit Pectin box. I quadrupled the ingredients and it made 12 of the smaller jars pictured above and 6 of the larger jars. I absolutely adore the smaller jars Ball has put on the market. They make my homemade creations appear gourmet. Now I need to buy a chest freezer for the basement. I won't have room in my main freezer for all these jars. I will of course give some of these away to friends and neighbors but for the most part it's a great way to have sweet, strawberry, deliciousness all year round.

and it all began with an afternoon in the strawberry fields...
The kids really enjoy themselves. It's good family fun and clean, fresh air on a great big beautiful farm where there are field after field of living, flourishing, edible plants.

The kids get along very well. It's amazing what being on a farm in the countryside will do for everyone's moods.
Just look at that heartfelt hug. That fills my heart with so much joy.

My wee one was just eating up the attention that her big brother was showing her.

The kids behaving and getting along makes the Handsome Hubby happy! Say that three times fast.

We filled three flats full of these gorgeous red berries.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I cannot WAIT for that! My in-laws have a huge strawberry patch and last year we had a blast picking, eating, freezing and jamming them. Unfortunately, our spring is probably at least a month or more behind yours. Idaho seems to stay cold forever. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to, and for the beautiful photos. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am itching to pick strawberries! We belong to an organic CSA and their strawberries aren't ripe yet. Last year we picked so many and my husband and I ate something like 6 quarts in 2 days. I'll have to try some of your recipes this year!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails