May 11, 2011

Raspberry Bars

Better Homes & Gardens Recipe


Raspberries are my absolute favorite berry and bring back fond memories of childhood, so I was a bit partial when I saw this recipe in the latest issue of BH&G. You can of course make this sweet delight using any berry of your choice and get the same delicious results. The recipe can be found here.

Growing up in a very rural area and having acres and acres of land gave my siblings and I the chance to discover wild raspberry patches along the edges of the fields and roadsides. I could pick for hours because I knew if I got enough berries my mom would make a raspberry pie and that folks is my absolute favorite dessert! Later in life I would be the one to make the raspberry pie and never begrudgingly.

To this day I miss where I grew up. I wish my children had the same opportunities to play outdoors without fear of being hit by a car or snatched by a stranger. We'd head out the door in the morning and we weren't back inside until it was dark. There were forts to build, trees to climb, flowers to be picked, songs to be sung at the top of my lungs because only myself, God & nature could hear. I'm trying to get back there, I really am. Now only if the economy would cooperate.

Here I am in an effort to style a shot. I need to purchase another set of dishes. I've got this red set and they're okay but for photographing food it can get a little tough. Not everything works with red. Am I right? My kitchen is red and I want to change that too! So many projects, so little time.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. They sound delicious! Did you use the goat cheese or the cream cheese? Raspberries are my favorite, as well, and I also miss the farm that I grew up on. Life was so much simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Will definitely give the recipe a try. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm happy to have found your blog! I actually found it during a Google search for front door decor. I saved one of your post pics for my own use, but decided to blog about my dilemma in finding something new for my front door. I added your pic to a post, but forgot where I'd found it. Then, DUH!!! your blog name is printed right on the pic. Anyway! Sorry to drag on, but I'm hoping I have your permission to use your gorgeous pic. I would have emailed you direct, but couldn't find a contact link on your blog.

    I so look forward to spending more time here checking out all the great things you share with your readers. Oh, I'm a new follower, too ;o)

    Have a great weekend!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails