April 25, 2011

A Visit To The National Aquarium

What a great place to visit and the weather was absolutely perfect. We wanted to rent a paddle boat after our visit to the aquarium but the line was way to long and I was afraid one of my kids would jump in the water while waiting.

Getting photos of all the kids is tough. No one ever listens.

Inside a sharks mouth. I wonder what Jonah must have felt like inside the belly of a whale for 3 days?

Posing with a lizard. Only a tween would strike a pose with a scaly lizard.

That lollipop in my little guys hand is homemade by a friend of mine. She makes these all natural treats and dropped three off on my porch one day last week. A sweet treat that I tucked into my purse for later. They proved to come in handy when my youngest who hadn't had a nap started having a melt down in the overly crowded aquarium. Thanks Greenhearts Farm! The kids LOVED them!

Oh.... is that an alligator?

No it's not it's a Caiman Crocodile.

A visit to the Immersion Theater. There was blowing snow, bubbles, spraying water and air. If you visit the aquarium make sure you buy tickets for the total experience which includes a theater show and the dolphin show.

Cubby in a trance. It was during this movie that a shark leaped out of the water to capture a seal on the run and caught it. My son says, "That's one happy shark." Everyone seated by us got a good laugh out of that comment. He also asked, "Why does everyone keep squirting us?"

Where's Reagan? She's in there. I love those glasses. They are quite the fashion statement.

Posing with sting rays. They're in there somewhere. I promise.

 She got sticky sucker in her hair courtesy of her little brother. Not happy.

Dolphin Show. These are such amazing creatures.

I love how they can swim on there backs and hold a ball none-the-less.

Daddy and his girls on the pier.

Daddy and his baby on the pier.

There are some great looking buildings on the harbor. We stopped at the Cheesecake Factory and picked up a couple of slices of cheesecake to share while overlooking the water.

The kids enjoyed running around outside after exiting the aquarium. It was so packed because it was spring break week.

I wish I would have had the camera turned to capture all three. It would have been such a cute shot.

I'm always trying to get a photo where everyone is looking at the camera. Almost but not quite. I'll continue to work on that. Always the photographer never the subject.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. Such fond memories of visiting often when I was in college. It is amazing to realize how very tiny you are in comparison to the ocean and all it's creatures! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails