April 12, 2011

Plants And Seedlings - Week 6

Tuesdays are fast becoming my favorite day of the week. I look forward to photographing the progress of my plant starting ventures and sharing them with my readers.

The Coleus-Versa are moving right along. I love seeing the variegation in the leaves and the color varieties. So pretty!

Just look at the rich color in these leaves. The only thing I will do differently is order my seeds the second week of January and start my flowers and landscaping plants the first of February. I will also need another greenhouse or a larger greenhouse. Once the plants start maturing they need to be transplanted into larger pots and I'm out of space.

My petunias made great strides this past week and are starting to encroach on their neighbors in a big way.

A handful of the peppers are starting to get some decent height but I don't think they'll be ready to put in the ground in two weeks. Maybe they'll surprise me.

The eggplant is also beginning to show signs of maturity but I don't believe these will be ready for planting in two weeks either.

However the cucumbers are ready to take over my house. They were ready to be planted a couple weeks ago. Yikes! They've already got the little feelers popping out looking for something to climb. I went ahead and planted another five last week and this is probably the time I should have started all of them. I got a little seed sowing happy I suppose.

The squash are another fast grower. They're only a week old and already the roots are popping out of the seed starter pucks. They definitely need to be started in bigger pots next year.

The tomatoes have already outgrown their tray as well. They need to be transplanted but again I have no space. I believe I've been over-watering them. I'm one of those nervous plant moms, wanting to make sure they have everything they need and I'm smothering them. They need to breathe a bit so I'm going to let them dry out for a few days. In the front, right tray I've got 10 ground cherries planted. They are slow growers. I'm interested to see how well they do.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Blog hopping here! Your plants and photography of them look amazing! Mine are a few weeks behind yours, so I have hope. Do you have any deep 16 oz plastic drink cups you could pot up those tomato plants in? They might not take up too much more space and you can bury them up to their leaves and get good strong root growth for those pretties before transplanting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl! They all look amazing! I wish I had your green thumb. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails