April 19, 2011

Planting - Seventh Week

Thyme Spent in The Garden

I think I might just be getting some tiny flower buds on some of my Petunia's. That is so great to see especially considering the week I've had and it's only Tuesday.

The Coleus-Versa continue to make me smile with their beautiful, variegated leaves and lovely colors.

So far it looks like I've got four color varieties. Over time I'll see how much they change and if my hunch proves to be accurate.

The Petunia-Bacopa blend also looks like it might start budding. I think my heart might just go pitter patter when I see the first little flowers.

I planted some Hyacinth Bean Vine and some Moonflower a couple weeks ago. The Hyacinth is doing well but the Moonflower hasn't even shown itself. I'm starting to wonder if the seeds are any good.

The variety of pepper plants is coming along nicely. I have some in a couple different stages. I can't wait to see how they do.

Lots and lots of tomatoes getting ready to stretch their legs in the raised garden bed that you see below. I'm going to plant some in my side yard and some in our raised bed at the community garden and then sell some to raise funds for the community garden and plant the remainder in the community section and the Food Bank section.

I need to add some more soil to the bed, churn it a bit more and I think I'll be in business. The square raised bed that you see in the center is the herb garden. All the herbs were graciously donated by CFC Farm & Home Center. Isn't that awesome?!?!? Several of my garden neighbors have already planted their gardens. I start getting anxious like I'm being left in the dirt. (pun intended) BUT when I've been in the nurseries and garden centers and I've talked to formidable gardeners and people more mature in years than I, they all say they don't plant until the end of April, first of May because of the chance of frost. So I will continue to be patient. Until then my handsome hubby and I need to devise a plan to stake all the tomato plants. I've seen a couple different options. The cages just don't seem to do that well. Any suggestions from fellow gardeners?

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had a community garden! I think that would be so fun! I suppose I'll continue to make due with my raised bed.

    Love your blog!

    Jamie @ www.mamamommymom.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails