April 6, 2011

Outdoor Pillow Covers

To Freshen Up The Front Porch

Remember this post? I held true to my word and used the fabric I purchased in short order. One more thing I can cross of this list.

These are the fourth set of pillow covers that I've made for my front porch. It's a quick, simple and inexpensive way to add a little eye candy to the space guests see first when stopping by for a visit. I put together a simple tutorial back in the fall if you're interested. You can find it here. Then you can add whatever embellishments you like. I enjoy switching up the way I incorporate the grosgrain ribbon each time. I also stitched a little ric-rac on this go around for added whimsy. The selection of outdoor canvas fabric keeps getting better and better and I'm in love with this embossed, diamond patterned, cream fabric and I love how well it pairs with the bright blue floral.

Here's a detail shot to show you the way I looped the ribbon for a ruffle effect. I really love it!

Another up-close and personal shot. The ribbon I attached to the tops of each pillow will be used to tie them to the chair they will be resting on. That way I don't have to worry about them ending up in my neighbors yard when the spring storms come rolling through.

The ribbon and ric-rac also tie the two fabrics together on each set of differently sized pillows giving my front porch cohesiveness and I'm all about that. Neat and orderly is never a bad thing. Right?

I'll be putting these on display on my porch as soon as I get a fresh coat of paint on my rocking chairs. My handsome hubby fixed the wooden slats that were coming loose so now I have no excuse. I better get painting soon. Spring is upon us.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

p.s. I'm sharing this project here at Freckled Laundry and here at Centsational Girl.

12 comments:

  1. They came out amazing! You are so right about the outdoor canvas- there are some beautiful ones! I think I am feeling inspired now to spruce mine up, too. LOVE the ruffled ribbons! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these pillow covers are awesome! They really are so pretty! Really like your blog and am so glad that I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL! These are simply gorgeous! I would love to have you share this at my VIP party this weekend =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're beautiful Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful!! And I'm completely envious of your gardening skills..... I could paint my thumb green but I totally still wouldn't have a green thumb!!

    Thanks for stopping Never a Dull Day!

    http://megschmitt-neveradullday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fabric is really beautiful. I love those pillows. You are very talented. I found you over at Centsational Girl's party. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fabric and pillows are very pretty! I'm sure they will look lovely on your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny I found you at my friend Kate's I adore your pillows, you are so creative and talented!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my Great Giveaway from Serena & Lily!

    You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these pillows and the fabrics you chose. Especially love the looped ribbon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I make outdoor pillows to sell online and each year the fabrics get better and better. I love all the choices we have now.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails