March 22, 2011

Seedlings - 3 Weeks Old

Thyme Spent In The Garden

Today at The Nester she is hosting a link party about taking risks. This greenhouse and seed starting supply purchase was a risk for me. My thoughts were, "If this doesn't work out, I've just wasted a sum of money and I'll have to buy the plants from the nursery anyways." So far so good my seeds have sprouted and they're on there third week. If things keep going as planned I will save money. Have you taken any risks lately?

It seems as though the only things I'm able to post about lately are my graphics projects or my plant starting venture. Once I get my graphic design projects crossed off, making my clients happy, I will be back posting at full capacity. (smile) Until then, here are a few photo's from my little green house.
Look at all of my tomatoes. They are coming along quite nicely. What are those pieces of newspaper doing amongst the plants you ask? Well, a few seeds haven't germinated so I went ahead and popped a few more in. Tomatoes do not need light to germinate and I read in a tomato growing guide to cover them with newspaper. So there you have it.

Here's a close-up of a couple tomato plants.

 ... and an heirloom cucumber plant. These grew really fast.
Note to self: Plant a little later in the spring for growing season 2012.

These are the Coleus Versa. If you look closely you can see some of the leaves already showing color.

And last but not least my sweet little Baby Petunia, Bacopa mix. They are tiny right now but when they reach full maturity they will be cascading, waves of fancy color. That is my hope anyway. I've got a few more plant varieties in the green house. Maybe I'll share those next week.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! We have the same greenhouse, and all of our little plants are coming up, too - I just love growing things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how sweet! i love your little seedlings! hopefully they'll grow great and you'll save a ton of $$ :) good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracious. You make me want to garden ... the photos are gorgeous!
    I've found a new blog to stalk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love gardening and always buy my tomatoes already started from the nursery. I'm getting so excited looking at yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails