March 9, 2011

My Workspace & A Sweet Way to Display

Winsome Wednesday


I'm sharing a few pictures of my workspace as it is currently. This room happens to be my favorite room in the house as far as the decor goes. It's even higher up on the list since my new office chair arrived. I've got bare walls but not without a plan. There are some gorgeous, original prints from an artist friend of mine that I have to get framed and they will fill the wall space on each side of my office cabinet quite nicely. I also want to install a chandelier and build some white shelving for the wall to the left of my desk. I keep thinking that maybe purchasing some larger bookshelves might be a better option because I can take the shelves with if we move. I also read that built-ins don't really add much to the value of a home when considering resale. However, with built-ins I can add shelving across the top of the doorway and I can't achieve that with bookshelves. Decisions, decisions, decisions....


Here's a close-up of the beautiful chair I spotted in Ballard Design at the turn of the year. It works so well in my space with its whitewash finish and soft, buttery, camel colored leather with nail head trim. It makes me happy to have my tush resting in it each day. Don't you just love my lifestyle models. I couldn't have found any better from a modeling agency.


I thought I'd share a sweet little project with my readers. I purchased this simple wooden tray at a craft store. It happened to be on clearance. I then re-sized and cropped a photo of my two oldest children and had it printed at a local print shop on a heavy, white stock. The "Making Memories" verbiage is a copper colored vinyl that I ordered from Uppercase Living®. I made sure to order it with the adhesive on the top of the letters. Then I headed to my home improvement store and had them cut a piece of plexi to fit the tray. Tip: Bring your tray in and have the person doing the cutting, measure the tray too. That way the measurements are correct and it may save you extra trips to correct a mistake. I put the vinyl lettering on the underside of the plexi so I could easily clean the top of the tray and not worry about the letters peeling up. Voila... an instant keepsake and a way to display family photo's a little differently.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.



WhisperWood Cottage



p.s. I'm excited to report that my "Front Door Decor" is featured at Sugar and Dots today! Check it out!

9 comments:

  1. I am so excited yoour front decor is featured, too!
    And, I love all of your office: the color on the walls, the gorgeous rug, the furniture...beautiful! Love the tray, too. What a great gift idea, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie McCormickMarch 13, 2011

    I love the picture in the tray idea. You're kids are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix of colors and pieces in this room! The white desk is fabulous, too! What a great space to relax or create!! Thanks for linking up to the Workspace Showcase at WWC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job.. and LOVING that rug!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!
    I just found your blog through Tatertots and Jello and I love it :) I love this room you have designed. I am looking for a color almost like this, what color is it and where did you get it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHERE did you get that rug?! I must have it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I just fell in love with your rug! I'm new to wood floors (not even finished installing it yet) and this is the only rug I've seen that I love! Do you mind telling me where you got it? The whole room is gorgeous! lauwil07 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i too love the rug!!! where can i find one of my very own? ;) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this space! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails