February 9, 2011

Winsome Wednesday

I've been working on a little project and I thought I'd share a few elements with my readers.
Mr. & Mrs. K and their three little eggs.

Created using:
The ribbon comes in a little later. I used some of the twigs pictured below to construct the little nest. I also used twine and moss.


The bird families last initial.You know it's all the rage now to customize things using initials even in the aviary world.
I purchased a large, three dimensional, cardboard letter from the craft store and then proceeded to wrap every inch of it with jute with the help of hot glue. I love the texture that is created by using the jute in this manner.

I think it's lovely all by itself.

Now as sweet as my little clay birds may be with Mr. K. in his handsome tie and Mrs. K. with her fancy lashes I thought they might be a little to flashy for the finished product. So that has put the entire project on hold until I buy some more clay and fashion a new Mr. K and Mrs. K. Stay tuned for the completed project.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. I can't WAIT to see what this becomes. They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails