February 1, 2011

Thyme Spent In The Garden

The good thing about setting a blog schedule for myself is that it's keeping me on task with the things I really enjoy. I must carve out a bit of time that day to either consider, ponder or work on something in that specific category.

So obviously I wasn't in my yard today gardening but what I did do was sit down and leaf through my gardening catalogs and choose the seeds I'm going to order for this coming growing season. I picked up my phone this evening, dialed the number and got an answering machine that said, "Our offices are closed, consult our catalog for office hours." I guess plant and seed catalogs aren't staffed up for evening orders.

I have decided to start my very own tomato plants this year as well as other plants. I'll post about that another time. We will be attempting Brandywine, Cherokee Purple, Pineapple, Mortgage Lifter, Aunt Ruby's German Green and Chocolate Cherry. Of course, I stress about the decision to start my own and when I tell the Mister my fears, he says, "well we'll try and if they don't take we'll just buy the plants." Either way we'll be enjoying fresh garden tomatoes, peppers, herbs and so much more so what is there to worry about? Right?

The fear of failure can paralyze you even in the smallest of tasks. Fear BE GONE!

I will also be ordering a very small greenhouse. Now I'm not sure when exactly I need to start my little tomato seeds so they'll be ready for spring planting. I'm flying by the seat of my pants. Wish me luck.

 I've also been thinking about all the yardwork that needs to take place as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

Here's my list:
  1. Take down rusting window boxes, sand and spray paint
  2. Repairs to outdoor rocking chairs and fresh coat of paint
  3. Cut back all the ornamental grasses and any other landscaping clean-up
  4. Prune rose bushes
  5. Move some of the rose bushes that have gotten really large
  6. Prune Japanese Maple
  7. Prep for decorative pathway
  8. Lay decorative pathway
  9. Find and order Arbor for the start of the pathway
  10. Possibly plant some more summer blooming bulbs
  11. Sew up some new pillow covers for the front porch
How about you? Are you making a mental list of all the outdoor projects that need tending to once the weather cooperates?

I'm really looking forward to spring.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. I am tired just reading your list! Your yard and plantings are always so beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails