February 6, 2011

Packer Love

What are you doing this Super Bowl Sunday?

We'll be watching the big game from the comfort of our home but I have to say I would love to be in TX to see it live. You see in our home the Packers are a very close second to God. Sometimes I think my husband would change the term "The Lord's Day" when referring to Sunday's to, "The Packers Day". At least during football season. I'm not as die-hard a fan as he is but I have my loyalties to the Green & Gold. When you grow up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan you have no other choice but to L-O-V-E the Packers and to marry into the family that I did well, I'm sure they would say it was a sin if I was to say otherwise.

I'll be setting up a taco/nacho bar and making homemade, salsa and guacamole. YUM! We've got some friends coming by to watch the game and enjoy the munchies. I sure hope they like the Packers. LOL

Now for the feature item of this post. Drum roll please........


Packer Jerseys, Footballs and Green & Gold hearts. A thought entered my head, I couldn't get it out and so I made some sweet treats featuring our team. If I did this again I would find a darker green, food coloring and I would purchase some food doodling pens from here. Royal Icing is not meant for writing at least not as small as I was trying.


Now I have to say I love making my husband smile as big as the kids smile when I make them special treats and that's exactly what he did when he saw my effort. He was rattling off players names and numbers. I think he wanted me to make a cookie jersey for each player. I would have had to triple my cookie dough recipe and seriously I didn't have enough time.


Because we'll be eating Tex-Mex fare and Packer colors are green & gold I used lemon zest in the cookie dough and freshly squeezed lemon juice in the royal icing. I did not have enough time to find and purchase this kind of cookie cutter so I drew the shapes out in my illustrating program, printed them out on card stock, cut the paper shapes out and then used a paring knife to cut out each cookie using the paper template as my guide.

I figure mom's with children in sports could use these jersey shapes and make cookies for the team. If you're one of those over-achiever mom's you can download the free template here.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

oh... and GO PACKERS, GO!!!!

Jenny K.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are such a great wife- I cannot believe how cute those are!! I love the idea of a nacho bar, too, and am totally going to copy that...maybe for one of the kid's sleepovers. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just awesome, as are you! I love the idea. Maybe I should make some for my Redskins fans. Hope they win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your little cookies. In our house we are seahawks fans, but we were rooting for your team in this superbowl since the steelers robbed us from our superbowl win a few years ago. Love your blog. Can we be friends? Your blog is a breath of fresh air for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails