February 14, 2011

Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Valentine's

Dear Miss Monday you had me scurrying this morning after I slept longer than I had planned. I awoke with the sun shining brightly which could only mean one thing. I overslept. I needed to be up earlier than normal I had places to go and people to see and before I left I was going to get dinner in the crock pot, do my blog entry, toss together a fruit salad, complete my usual morning routine of unloading the dishwasher, starting laundry, making beds, picking up kids rooms etc... etc... etc... Let's just say I got the fruit salad made, and was able to get the kids ready and that's that. All the other items on my to do list had to wait until my return home. Let me just say throwing my normal morning routine to the wind was well worth it! Continue reading to find out why. :~)

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone out in the blogosphere!

Today I'm going to share with you a simple recipe for homemade, peanut butter cups. Yum! Yum! I typically use dark chocolate for these but because kids were on the receiving end of these tiny delights I stuck to milk chocolate from Ghiradelli.

1 2.5 lb block of melting chocolate (milk or dark) whatever your preference
1 1/4 c peanut butter
1 c confectioners sugar
1 c finely crushed graham crackers

This quantity of ingredients made 57 small peanut butter cups.

I use a double boiler to melt my chocolate. I've tried the microwave in the past and have never had success so I stick with this option.


Once the chocolate has a nice smooth consistency using a pastry brush coat each paper liner. I found these cute little valentine papers at my local craft supply store. Once you've got all of them coated you need to pop them in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes.


While they set mix up the filling, making sure to blend well.


 Now put a small spoonful in each chocolate cup.


Once you've got all 57 filled, "wink, wink" spoon the remaining chocolate over the top of each one smoothing it out with the spoon and pop them back in the freezer for another 15 minutes.


Since these were for Valentine's Day I took the sharp end of a knife and drew hearts in the tops of each one and it stayed. I was thrilled!


Enjoy a few with a big glass of milk. They're quite simple and absolutely divine made with dark chocolate. Give them a try!


My handsome hubby got to eat the first one.


Then I packaged up the majority in cellophane bags and made these little Valentine wrappers, attached them with ribbon and brought them to the Valentine Party/Brunch my little ones and I were invited to.


The brunch for momma's and preschoolers was hosted by a blogger friend of mine. She dressed her home in reds and pinks, made homemade donuts, puff pastry topped with scrambled eggs and gruyere, yogurt parfaits, fruit smoothies and so much more. She is the queen of entertaining. Check out her blog for creative, crafty projects, menu ideas and entertaining! You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, do those look good! I made chocolates today!

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    P.S. I took a look at the HTML code that you asked me about and it tests fine so I'm unsure what is wrong. HTML can be so frustrating sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO delicious, Jenny! You've outdone yoruself...they were heaven. Luckily, my children and hubby thought so, also, or I would have eaten them ALL!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails