January 17, 2011

what needs to be done

So it's January 17, 2011... no I did not make any big resolutions to lose poundage although I need too. I'm starting to notice my backside broadening and my middle section thickening. YUK!

I blame all the holiday treats and cold weather. I would typically take my kids outside everyday to play but it's been to cold and when it's cold and there's no snow heading outdoors loses it's luster for me.

I made the decision to go buy a new pair of running shoes and once again challenge my body.



Why?

Well, I can't afford to buy a horse and board it at a local farm. Riding would be my first choice of exercise if I could pick anything.

I don't like counting calories and fat grams.

I enjoy baking and I do like to indulge in some of what I make.

I've got several friends and neighbors that run and they seem to really enjoy the adrenaline rush and the health benefits.

I need to do something that really makes me sweat and at the same time relieves tension and stress.

I've got a class reunion this coming summer. No one wants to attend a class reunion on the chubby side. Am I right?

The positives:
Really inexpensive way to get into shape and get my heart pumping.

The residence center has treadmills that I can use and considering it's so cold outside that will be where I do most of my running until the weather warms up.

I'd like to enjoy my food rather than stressing about every bite.

The negatives:
Running is hard on the joints.

Well there you have it. The positives outweigh the negatives.

Now to figure out where the energy to do this will come from and how to fit this into my weekly schedule.

Do any of you have a great exercise routine that you follow?

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections.

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. Once you go a few times you will be hooked, I guarantee! After a short while, you will come to crave your run when you are low on energy (or in my case, patience!) because it is such a pick-me-up!! I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill PlamondonJanuary 17, 2011

    Just commit and the rest will be history. Once I start moving, I really do wake up and get into it—even late at night. If it is the only time I have, I would rather move than watch TV. I never regret a run. One of my mental strategies is I do not associate it with any negative names. It is a privilege to move it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails