January 25, 2011

Thyme in the Garden - Photo Submission

I'm going to be organizing my blogging schedule or at least trying, so please be patient while I work it all out. I've done my best to come up with some clever titles for the five working days of each week. If I blog on the weekends that will be a bonus. :~) Tuesdays will feature "Thyme in the Garden".

Did you know that Seventh Generation has a disinfecting cleaning product with the main ingredient being Thyme oil? Yeah! Isn't that cool? I just read that on the bottle this morning. Herbs are beneficial in so many ways.

Today I uploaded one of my floral photo's of a purple hyacinth bean vine taken summer 2010 to the "Pioneer Woman" Flower Photo Assignment Flickr Group. Whew, that was a mouthful! We'll see if the photo makes it onto her site.


The Purple Hyacinth Bean Vine is one of the easiest vines to grow. It's very aggressive and can climb well over 15 feet so it needs to have a very sturdy support system. If it has abundant sunlight it really fills out nicely. The flowers are shades of lavender and magenta. The seed pods are the color of eggplant.

You must plant responsibly with this variety of Hyacinth because it is so aggressive and doesn't require special soil blends to do well. At the end of each growing season make sure to cut the growth all the way back to the ground and gather up all the seed pods. I save many of the seeds for the following growing season and dispose of the rest.

In the springtime I will be featuring a seed packet giveaway of this plant as well as another vine.

So stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections.

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and I'm in love. It's so nice to see people who have blogs that are like me, crafty, organized, and fun spirited! I made your blog a favorite on my blog :) xoxo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture Jenny!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails