January 24, 2011

I'm A Winner!

Most days I don't feel like a winner but today I really am!

I won a $25 gift card from this blog.

I got the news this morning. I needed to hear something positive after my camera locked up and quit working last night. It was my babies birthday and that makes it even worse. So when I found out that I could go shopping and it wasn't going to cost me anything it brought a smile to this momma's face. 

With the gift card I purchased the following items:

I have been wanting to learn calligraphy for a while now.

What don't I want to learn to do? That list is probably much shorter.

I've been seeing some really beautiful, hand-addressed, invitations in some of my favorite publications and thought I'd really love to be able to send thank you's, birthday cards and Christmas cards that had the same flair and style. Well now I get my chance. There are two calligraphy pens and some ink cartridge refills being shipped to me as I type this. That makes me happy!

As far as the camera goes, I've got options. I can send it away for a $149 repair + s/h, I can buy a refurbished camera as part of the repair/replace program or I can buy something completely new.

I've had sparks of interest in some really, really expensive cameras but I'm just not ready to take the plunge and neither is my pocket book.

While feeling sick inside and a bit like a fish out of water without my handy little image capturing tool there's got to be a bright spot at the end of this. Right? Something good has to come out of this pitfall! I must choose to make lemonade out of lemons.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections.

Come back for lemonade.

Jenny K.


1 comment:

  1. You make the lemonade and I will bring a bundt cake...lemon, naturally. I hope peace comes in the great camera decision. It sounds like a tough call any which way!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails