January 16, 2011

handmade gifts


I put these little goody boxes together as gifts for some of our neighbors on Christmas Eve. I spent the majority of my day baking and dipping food items in chocolate. This was one of three deliveries this past holiday season. I really do enjoy giving to others so naturally when a friend of mine posted the following on Facebook I knew I had to take part in the challenge.

[Pay it forward 2011. I promise to send (or deliver) something handmade to the 1st 5 people who leave a comment. They must in turn post this and send something they made to the 1st 5 people who comment on their status. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011. You don't get to specify what I send you.]

I immediately had five wonderful ladies that responded. Now to try and figure out what to make these women. I asked them to tell me what their favorite colors are and send me their addresses. I don't want these handmade gifts to be something ordinary. I want it to be something special, clever, thoughtfully considered and most of all something they would want and maybe even need. That's a lot of pressure isn't it? They in turn had to re-post this on Facebook and are also making handmade gifts for others. What a great way to start out the new year! Don't you think?

Any ideas from my fellow bloggers out there? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that post- I was too scared to reply because I was completely burnt out from the Christmas crafting. However, during the holiday I came across the most lovely handbag tutorial- just a simple bag made from decorator fabric. I will see if I can find the link...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails