January 28, 2011

Friday - Food Bites To Wet Your Appetite

Well today has just gotten away from me. It's my handsome, hubby's birthday today and I've been working on a homemade German Chocolate Cake for the last three hours using this recipe. It truly is a labor of L-O-V-E and he is so worth every minute of standing on my feet, tending to the cake batter, simple syrup, coconut-pecan filling and chocolate icing. Doesn't that combination sound absolutely decadent? Happy Birthday honey!

While this is not a cake you'd make on a weekly basis it's definitely a winner for special occasions. If I had my camera I'd take a picture for all to see. At some point next week I should be back to myself with my new camera on its way.

On Friday's I fully intend to share something with my fellow foodies that makes your taste buds pop.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my golly! That cake sounds amazing! Happy Birthday to such a wonderful and kind man and father. You all are such a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails