January 31, 2011

Dear Miss Monday


You're here once again. I'd like you to put a cherry on top please.

Miss Monday you've still got me pondering what you should be titled for my blog. Why must you make me work so hard? You're filled with all the tasks I don't particularly like but try to check off my weekly list. The sooner the better if you know what I mean?

I'm one of those gals that works from least favorite task to favorite task. Save the BEST for last! How about you? Do you avoid the crumby stuff or do you just do it to get it over with?

Mondays are full of list making, calendar checking, laundry, floors, bathrooms, windows, vacuuming, invoicing and much, much more. Somewhere in there I manage to fit in meal times, diaper changes, menu planning etc., etc., etc....

Miss Monday please share with us some of your redeeming qualities. Ah... you're the start of the work week. Yes you are. A fresh new start and a brand new day, a time to set in motion and establish the kind of week we'd like it to be.

Is it true how you start something is how you'll finish it?

Miss Monday, Are you telling me I should start out on a positive note, with a clear plan for my household, family and business? To establish the mood and tone for my family from the very start?

Well, I can't promise anything but I will do my best!

There you have it folks. Miss Monday is trying to tell us to keep a positive attitude. I guess she's not all that bad.

Has she convinced you?

She leaves me without my final daily blog theme - or maybe she hasn't. Maybe Dear Miss Monday is the title. I'll let you know next week if it sticks.

I must share that although I spent a good portion of my day washing hardwood floors on my hands and knees I did get a cherry on top today. My new camera was delivered via FEDEx. What a relief it was to pop in my old memory card and be able to download the handful of photo's I was able to capture before my G9 locked up. So I've at least got a few of my two year old's birthday celebration.


I was able to find the three cake stands at Marshalls. I had been searching for a while for three stackables. I wanted to be able to use one by itself, two or three depending on what I was serving. They happen to be perfect for cupcakes and cupcakes happen to be perfect for a two-year old's birthday celebration!


Look at all those precious faces... they are the reason I do everything that I do. Even the Monday work.


If you're at all interested the frosting recipe that I used on these ghiradelli chocolate cupcakes can be found here. With very little sugar and a light, creamy texture it's definitely a must try. I think you'll love it!

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Monday! I love it! I also love the beautiful tiered cake display and the beautiful cupcakes and the precious family. It's exhausting sometimes but those little faces sure make it all worth it. THanks for the inspiration...I shall call her Miss Monday from now on. And, I am with you: least liked tasks first and those you don't mind to end with!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails