December 15, 2010

thy leaves are so unchanging

I do believe Christmas is our families favorite time of year. We love everything about this season. However, we have to be so careful not to get wrapped up in all the trimmings and remember the reason we celebrate this time of year. I tell my kids we're decorating for Jesus' birthday. I don't know if it really sinks in. They are so excited about the presents and the lights and all the festivities. My three year old son keeps telling me that everything is t'amazing! Awww... through the eyes of a three year old. I could just eat him up when he says things like that. The spirit of Christmas is alive and well here in our household.

 

We decorated a tree to look more natural. I'd like to put mounds of that fake snow on the branches but with little ones I know it would be covering my house in no time at all. I'll pass on that this time around.

 
 We also decorated a tree in mostly red with little toy ornaments. I think the kids prefer this one.


 

This photo was taken at our community Santa Pancake Breakfast. The little ones didn't want anything to do with Santa. They were a bit scared and the oldest is a little to old to participate.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections. Merry Christmas from our home to yours!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. I love the decorations, and most of all, I love "t'amazing!" How precious and what a sweet and simple reminder of our many blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails